Angela von Detten
Dear Friends, Home is the keeper of your moments and milestones. It’s the constant in all this change. It’s why I do what I do, and why I'm committed to helping everyone find their home whenever they're looking. Here are some of the ways home is so special to me. I would love to hear about what home means to you, and if the way you view your home has changed for you during this time!
It's important to make time for yourself to relax and feel pampered! I've designated a small area in my home where I treat as my "spa". This is an area that's quiet, comfortable, and allows me to have some alone time.
I enjoy taking a bath, lighting scented candles, and also doing face masks!
Here are some recipes for face masks you can easily make at home:
The Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask:
• Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
• Stir in one tablespoon of cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
• Apply the mask to your clean and dry skin for 10 minutes.
• Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
The Organic Banana Face Mask:
• Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
• Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
• Apply the mask to your face (lumps are totally fine!) and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
• Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
Although we can't get ourselves to the gym anymore, it doesn't mean we have an excuse to stop exercising! I enjoy doing work out videos at home- there are a great variety to choose from online! To feel more motivated and make it more fun I recommend doing workouts with friends or family via zoom or facetime!
Even without having any equipment at home, you can use household items:
• Soup Cans= Weights
• Folding Chairs= Tricep Dips Bench
• Laundry Basket= Deadlifts
• Towels/Socks= Sliders
• Laundry Detergrent= Kettlebell
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been binge watching their favorite shows and movies!
I've recently discovered "Netflix Party". This feature links you up with friends to host long distance movie nights. It also includes a group chat so you can talk about it as if you were right next to each other!
Here are 5 steps to hosting a Virtual Netflix Party:
1. Heat up some popcorn and cozy up on the couch.
2. Log into Netflix with Google Chrome.
3. Select the show or movie you want to watch.
4. Click the NP (Netflix Party) icon and select Start The Party.
5. Copy the URL and share with friends and family to get the party started!
I try and incorporate reading into my daily schedule. It's a great way to rewind and take a break from staring at the screen! I have a shelf where I keep all of all my favorite books- which I call my "library".
I also keep track of books that I want to read by using the app . If you aren't sure what book to read, I encourage you to search through its database of books and read the reviews!
Now is the best time to get to that book that's been sitting on your nightstand!
Home is not just a place to me- it's a feeling. It's the feeling of happiness and warmth I get every day being surrounded by the ones I love.
Home is where we live, learn, and laugh together. Home is always here for you whether you are feeling down or joyful! Home is a sanctuary where I feel comfortable and look forward to living in every day. Home is where we can be ourselves.
There is truly no place like home!
Angela von Detten is as passionate about Los Angeles living as she is about finding your unique dream home. Contact Angela today to get started on your journey.Contact